This salad ticks every box – it’s packed full vitamins & fibre, does not rely on a sugary dressing for its great taste, and will keep you full and satisfied for hours on end. But most importantly, you won’t bloat a bit no matter how much you eat.
And that’s because it has, not one, but two superstar ingredients: black beans and sweetcorn – both of which are full of insoluble fibre. Besides helping with weight loss, insoluble fibre feeds good bacteria in your gut, which aids in digestion and helps keep you regular. On top of that, sweetcorn is loaded with lutein and zeaxanthin, two phytochemicals that promote healthy vision.
Time to cook: 20 minutes
- 4 mini corn on the cob, or 2 big ones
- 2 x 400g tin of black beans
- Juice of 2 limes
- Glug of white wine vinegar
- Sprinkle of ground cumin
- 1 bunch of salad or spring onions
- Fresh coriander
- Heat the corn in a pan of olive oil until charred (10-12 minutes), allow to cool, slice off the corn and throw it in a serving or mixing bowl
- Rinse and add the black beans
- Mix up the lime juice, white wine vinegar and ground cumin – stir it through the beans and corn
- Chop up and add the onions and coriander