My boyfriend says this is the best soup he’s ever had. And I believe him, because it’s the best soup I’ve ever had too. And so simple, of course.
Red onions are especially high in the anti-oxidant quercetin and anthocyanin. These anti-oxidants are very powerful free radical scavengers that neutralise cancer cell growth and dramatically reduce whole body inflammation. Quercetin also prevents allergies and reverses heart disease.
- Olive oil for cooking
- 3 red onions
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hot english mustard
- Salt & black pepper
- Cut up the onions into medium-sized chunks, season with salt, and cook them for at least 30 minutes on a medium heat until they soften and brown
- Mix up the balsamic, soy sauce & mustard
- Add the sauce to the onions and cook for 5 minutes
- Add 2.5 cups of water and mix up very well, bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes
- Season with pepper