Yoga culture on Instagram is the source of intense debate, none of which this article will attempt to address.
It’s about the Yogis I love to follow and why. Here’s a list of people who either inspire me, make me laugh, or both!
- Best account for: those who want to learn how to practice Yoga independently.
- Stands out for: having a full time job totally unrelated to Yoga!
Rebecca is the best person to follow if you want to develop a self-practice. Mostly because it’s inspiring to see how consistent she is with her own. But for all the finer details, she actually wrote a book about it, it’s called “The Book of Yoga Self-Practice” and she set up a dedicated self-practice account too.
I also love how authentically she shares her experience balancing a high-pressured job with a family and all that life brings.
- Best account for: those who want to heal and/or fulfil their dreams.
- Stands out for: being Rachel Brathen. Rachel runs an empire!
If Rachel doesn’t show you the healing power of vulnerability, I don’t know who or what ever will! She is truly the most inspiring, genuine, compassionate person I know, and I don’t even know her (though after listening to her podcast ‘From the Heart – Conversations with Yoga Girl‘ for at least a year now, it feels like I do!).
Oh and her stories are pretty much the Lealuna show (Lealuna is her little girl) and she’s beyond adorable!
- Best account for: those who could do with some life advice.
- Stands out for: sharing her experiences so eloquently and authentically.
Mariel is a Life Coach. I love following her because of the honesty and spirit in her writing. Her advice will help you understand your emotional world and how to improve upon it.